- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
– Dr. Seuss
• I believe in treating all students with respect.
• I believe in fairness. Whether this shows through the implementation of classroom management techniques or in grading methods, all students will be treated fairly.
• I believe in student-centered, constructivist learning, where students are given responsibility for their own learning.
•I believe in positivity. No matter what life throws at me, inside the classroom or out, I believe that attitudes are contagious and a positive attitude is always preferable to a negative attitude.
- I believe in a positive approach to behaviour management – an approach based on positive reinforcement, recognition and rewards as opposed to negativity and punishment.
• I believe in making learning meaningful to my students. This means adapting the curriculum to their current social situations as well as religious and cultural backgrounds.
- I believe in getting to know my students – strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes – as best I can, so that I may help them to grow.